2.5K views

Imagine me, 30 years banking history with the NatWest, university educated, £3m London house and 4 kids sent through private school, going overdrawn...once; yes you guessed, a nasty letter in the post asking you cut up your card and telephone NatWest's Birmingham Collections Centre.

Will you talk to a civilised individual? most likely yes but not if you have the misfortune of being put through to the charm personified that is Adiba Rahman; she doesn't care who you are or how honorable you come across, to her you are pondlife ***; I had the misfortune of not understanding why the bank had added this or that and made the mistake of asking the same question twice. Big mistake: "I have explained this to you before, I am not going to explain it again" she barked.

Would you mind awfully please explaining it again to me, I asked. "If you weren't going overdrawn in the first place, we didn't need to have this conversation in the first place" came the answer. Ouch! I do apologise I said, but it really was an oversight. "Are you going to give me a credit or debit card to clear the arrears or not?" came the answer.

I asked her again to explain to me the added interest charges and fines to which she said: I don't have time for this, if you are not going to give me a credit card or debit card, I'll terminate the call; won't you at least explain to me what the charge of £28 for, I asked: "Yes, of course", she said,...and,.......put the phone down.

Had an Experience with NatWest - Birmingham Collections Centre?

Comments

i contact the natwest financial difficulties team a week before and one lady gave me a phone number of the birmingham collection team to contact hereafter,i missed out that number and call back to the fininacial difficulties team again, but the same lady answered me again,she replied to me angrily 'i already gave you the collection team number,why u call back to this number', i didn't expect such a reply,i said sorry and asked that number again and noted it. im a natwest customer for the last 5 years and when we are in a difficult situation,the bank's financial assistance and collection team staffs treating is unfair at all.

I have had appalling threats off Nat west and Im not even in the wrong!!!and like the rest on here being treating vile!!

how can they treat customers like this and get away with it? glad I closed my account!!

after all the threats made to me and making me send in proof that I am in fact right, have I have a phone call or letter to say sorry ?nooooooo they are all BAS---RDS!

THEY ARE THE 'LOW LIFES' NOT THE CUSTOMERS!!

I too phoned Birmingham Collection Centre to discuss the sensitive issue of informing them yet again that I am having serious financial problems and was left totally humiliated,demoralised and made to feel like something on the bottom of the young lady's shoe.

Her attitude was appalling and like everyone else thought of complaining but there's no point.

I too had banked with Nat West for years and am an educated woman who is amazed by the training she had received on how to be as obnoxious and shi**y as possible.

Didn't catch her name.

Tried to discuss with her a payment plan, but she won't have it... she said we are closing your account and you should return al your cards and cheque books and they will put me on bad credit for the next 6 years..

I don't know how dumn she is..

I also worked at Nottingham Collections Centre and we were encouraged to treat people who had gone overdrawn like the worst *** that had ever worked the earth.

I remember being told off for being too nice with my supervisor encouraging me to think of the person at the other end of the phone as the *** *** who had just touched up my 9 year old daughter.

I left without saying a word. When NatWest advertise that they "care", they do what all bankers do: they lie.

to Anonymous Nottingham, England, United Kingdom #619006

I also worked at Nottingham Collections centre, and I can undoubtedly say this is total Bulls##t.If a Manager told somebody to say that they'd be suspended by the end of the day and then dismissed at disciplinary.

But hey, if making this kind of stuff up makes your day then good luck to you in life.Plus it's Paedo, not '***' - have that one on me.

:( natwest are *** im surprised there still alowed to trade none of there staff have a f******g clue quick to charge you but try and get a mistake overturned is a different matter

I worked at Nottingham Collections Centre and I must admit that for some customers some staff may come across rude but the lack of ignorance of customers and the ill maintenance of their accounts is mostly one of the reasons they end up in such situations. However for those of you suffering financial hardship or have felt that you have been treated inconsiderately...well it seems from your degrading and racist comments you are no better than some ill mannered advisor. So I suggest you take a moment to reflect on your disgusting comments and better yourselves...especially you "Carol"

Didn't catch her name but nice to get it off my chest !!!

#212005

Natwest is spending millions trying to convince the general public they really "care"; it is when you talk to the charming individuals at the Birmingham Collection Centre that you realise the whole exercise is just a load of b**locks.